Saturday, January 28, 2012

Portraits in Preservation - A Call for Students

I've received some positive feedback to the two Portraits in Preservation I've posted, and have a handful more people out there working on crafting their responses to my questions.

It has always been my intention with this project to include not only seasoned veterans, but also hear from people who are currently training, or recently trained, to enter the preservation profession. And, as I am looking for some way for this blog to recognize the American Library Association's Preservation Week, April 22-28, I've decided to attempt to post a Student Portrait in Preservation each day during Preservation Week.

I've already got ideas for some individuals to invite, but I need more, so if you are a student, a recent graduate, or just feel like a novice in the preservation world, or if you know one, I would love to hear from you. I would cast this net wide - hearing from those in those in traditional book conservation to those looking for a career in digital preservation.

You can contact me by commenting on this post, or direct message me on twitter @kevindriedger or email me at ksdriedger [at] yahoo [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment